Your dating app profile is meant to show off you! It’s the first look that a potential partner has of you. But this can be easier said than done, especially as lots of singles make “match-repelling mistakes” without even realizing it. To make sure you’re not making these mistakes, here are 8 common ones you should avoid.
- Not including enough information in your profile. It should be filled with interesting details that a match can use to strike up a convo with you. Make sure your hobbies, goals, and sense of humor are included.
- Being too negative. Don’t rattle off a bunch f things you don’t like. Instead, keep things positive and inviting.
- Including details that are inaccurate or misleading. Make your profile interesting, but make sure you’re being honest while doing so.
- Using old or misleading photos. You are not the same person you were 10 years ago and you likely don’t look the same either.
- Having too many group shots and not enough solo shots. No one wants to spend time figuring out which one in the group pic you are.
- Choosing unflattering photos. Ask a friend for their feedback on which photos you should use.
- “Telling” rather than “showing.” Don’t just say that you’re funny, tell a story that shows you’re funny.
- Taking your profile’s performance too seriously. If it’s not doing well, it’s likely because you’re including too much or too little in it, it’s not a reflection on you yourself.
Source: Huffington Post