There are small things you can do every day that’ll improve your mental health. “HelloGiggles” spoke to therapists who shared their best habits that’ll have an immediately benefit on your mental health. Here are six daily habits for you to try.
- Practice good sleep hygiene. Our brain cleans itself as we sleep. Try to get around seven hours each night, otherwise your brain will still be clogged with anxieties and negative thoughts from previous days.
- Practice gratitude. This shifts your attention from negative thoughts and emotions to positive ones. Write a weekly letter of gratitude to yourself or write down three things each day that you’re grateful for.
- Get outside. Try stop and smell the roses, don’t just go for a walk outside while you’re scrolling on your phone.
- Exercise. It really is one of the best things you can do for both your physical and mental health. Even walking at a brisk pace for a half hour a day can make a difference.
- Affirmations. Try this when you first wake up in the morning. Write down your own or listen to some. It’ll really set the tone for the day.
- Set a personal intention. You really can decide what quality and energy you want during your day.