While everyone loves a good bargain, there are some things that are worth spending a few more dollars on to make sure you get the best quality out there. Well, now folks are sharing the things they refuse to cheap out on.
People started sharing their thoughts on the subject after someone on Reddit posed the question, “What's something you used to be cheap on, until you tried a high-quality version, and now you can't go back?"
- “Windshield wipers. I used to buy the cheap ones and would get so annoyed that they would always skip across the windshield. I thought all wipers did that until I bought the expensive ones. I’ll never buy the cheap ones again."
- “Dish soap. My god, I will never again purchase Great Value dish soap. Dawn for the win."
- "My bed. Please, everyone, treat yourself and buy a high-quality bed set. Mattresses are expensive but it’s worth their weight in gold…Sleep itself isn’t as important as how you sleep."
- “Earbuds and headphones. I used to think people who paid over $20 for earbuds were ridiculous. I eventually got tired of my $12 ones breaking and being such low quality."
- “Shoes. Once a year I’ll buy a new pair of shoes that is an investment. Docs, Keens, Birks, Sorels, and I just bought my first pair of Merrell sandals. They’re all in as good of shape as when I bought them.”
- “Technology. Like, screen monitors, consoles, laptops, and phones. Some of the high-quality products are far more worth the buck."
- “TOILET PAPER! Once I started using 2ply I knew there was no way in hell I was going back to 1ply."
- "Eggs. Once I tried free-range organic farm fresh eggs with those deep orange yolks. I just couldn't go back. Paying over $6 a dozen isn't cheap but so worth it."
- "Cheese. I used to eat Kraft singles on my sandwiches until I got with my wife and she buys the nice Tillamook cheese. I could never eat that fake plastic shit EVER again."
- "Airplane tickets. I can’t go back to economy for long flights after experiencing first class."