Of course how long it takes to get over an ex depends on the individual person. But knowing how long it took someone else, or even hearing their story, can help if you’re trying to get over someone. Women revealed to “Bustle” how long it really took them to get over their ex.
- "My ex ended our long-distance relationship the last week of August 2017, and I was devastated. Although I've had a few FWBs here and there since that time, I have to say that, almost nine months later, I'm still not completely over him. I think about him way more than I'd like to admit."
- "It took me three weeks. He cheated on me and that was that. I think if he didn’t cheat and we broke up [for other reasons] it would have been harder. But his cheating showed me his true colors and I wanted nothing to do with him."
- "It took me about a year to get over my husband, after getting divorced (12 years), even though it was my idea. It takes time to unravel your relationship emotions once you have decided to end it. I then had a three-year rebound relationship that I was not emotionally engaged in and I would say it took about a week."
- "It's been six years since we broke up and I'm still not over it. But I didn't realize that until about four years ago, when I actually wanted to start dating people again and realized I had a lot of work to do. I still do."
- “I haven’t gotten over my ex. There’s one person who I literally haven’t gotten over and it’s been years. We go back and forth and every time I’m single we come back to each other. I’m scared that if I ever get married I still won’t be over him.”
For even more, click HERE!