While some people luck out and have great neighbors, all too often we live next door to people who just don’t respect the fact that they live around others. Neighbor disputes are all too common everywhere, and now a new report reveals what people are fighting about the most. A new poll finds:
- 60% of people have had some sort of dispute with a neighbor.
- 16% say these disputes happen “many times.”
- The biggest causes of neighbor disputes include:
- Households being too noisy after hours. (40%)
- Being impolite (33%)
- Boundary disputes (28%)
- Some of these issues become such big deals it causes fights between neighbors. Some of the biggest reasons for fights include:
- Parking problems (27%)
- Noisy behavior (25%)
- Other arguments revolve around pets, outside space, and bad behavior in communal areas.
- And some disputes get so bad that 15% of people say they’ve actually called the cops on their neighbors.
- But some people are luckier than others when it comes to neighbors.
- 37% of people say they’ve actually never had any sort of conflict with the people living around them.
Source: Metro UK