Every relationship has challenges to overcome. But there are some signs that the relationship can’t be saved. Here are seven signs of doom in a relationship for you to look out for.
- Unrealistic expectations of each other. Like using phrases such as “If she/he loved me, they would…”
- Uncompromising stances. Such as having a “my way or the highway” type of thinking. You both need to make compromises.
- Lack of conflict. This can be a sign of emotional disengagement as well as a lack of hope.
- Differences in sexual desire and unwillingness to compromise. Couples can have differences in desire, but most are able to find ways to work out the differences.
- Any kind of compulsive behavior can be a huge challenge for any relationship.
- Negative predictions. This can include fearing or anticipating a break-up, having unrealistic expectations of the relationship, panic over imperfection, and so on.
- Lack of affection and gratitude. Don’t forget the small but significant bonding habits like hugging, holding hands, kissing, cuddling, inside jokes, etc.
Source: Psychology Today