Bobbi Palmer is a woman who’s dated for three decades before meeting and settling down with her hubby at the age of 47. You can say that this experience taught her a thing or two about dating. She’s now sharing her experience with us all and took to “Bustle” to give seven clever dating tips.
- Stop ruminating on why he/she didn’t call. You really will never know so there’s no point in wasting time on it.
- Don’t mistake a good date for a good mate. Chemistry should be taken seriously, but it shouldn’t be the only thing that matters.
- If you can’t talk about it, don’t do it. If you can’t talk with them about safe sex and your relationship, don’t sleep with them.
- Don’t expect men to act like women. We’re all different, and having the same expectations only leads to disappointment.
- Stop “premature baggage bonding.” This is when one of the first dates turns into a deep convo when you realize you have past baggage in common. It doesn’t give a positive start.
- Embrace your body just the way it is. You may notice cellulite, but when they’re in bed with you, they won’t notice it!
- Bring your warmth and your feelings to your dates, not your resume. Be genuine, be you, and don’t just rattle off all the great qualities you have – they’ll shine through when you speak! When talking about work, say you became XXX because and focus on that reason rather than what you do.