Whether you were the one who did the breaking up or if you were the one who got dumped, most people have negative feelings towards their ex when the relationship comes to an end. It may feel impossible not to bad-mouth your ex! But there are so many reasons you shouldn’t – here are five of them.
- You won’t be able to move on. Yes, even bad-mouthing them will keep a connection between the two of you.
- It will make you feel bad about yourself. Think about it – do you really feel good about yourself when bad-mouthing anyone, especially an ex?
- It might affect their lives. Bad-mouthing can have a long-term affect on the life of the person you’re talking cr*p about, especially if you’re saying it to someone who has a big mouth.
- Your friends will never forget. You can never take back words you say and your friends will never forget you saying them. On the off-chance that you and your ex get back together, your friends/siblings/parents will still remember everything you had said.
- You might star a war. You don’t want the words you’ve said thrown back in your face, do you?