Want to know what everyone will be wearing this fall? Look no further than TikTok. The social media platform is full of the latest trends, or “cores” as they’re dubbed there. These will be some of the most popular styles - with the catchy names - you’ll be seeing on everyone next season, according to TikTok.
- Barbiecore - Pink has been a top color trend for the last few years and the new “Barbie” movie is making hot pink a whole movement. It’s all about the color, so put on your fuchsia and you’re good to go.
- Coastal grandma - Carrying over from the summer, this look is basically a Nancy Myers movie come to life. Think breezy linen pants, wide brim hats, light sweaters and all of it in pale blues, beige and shades of white.
- Baddie - This trend combines strong beauty looks with sexy, sporty clothing. Imagine Kylie Jenner-esque brows, long nails and pouty lips with cargo pants and a cropped tank and you’re on the right track.
- Plazacore - Also known as Plaza Princess, this look takes inspo from the original Upper East Side fashionista, Eloise. Yes, we’re talking about the precocious little girl character from books and movies who lives at the Plaza Hotel, so preppy staples like headbands and Peter Pan collars are on trend.
- Fairycore - Light, airy pieces like flowy maxi skirts, floral embroidery and lots of pastels are what to wear to get this look.
- 90s Whimsigoth - For this 1990s-inspired trend, go heavy on eyeliner, light on fabric, with a mix of mesh lace, dainty florals, mini slip dresses paired with chunky loafers or Doc Martens. Wear something Phoebe on “Friends” or Drew Barrymore would have worn in the 90s and you’ll be good to go.
- 70s disco glam - Or go back a couple extra decades and try out the big Farrah Fawcett hair, platform shoes and fabulous jumpsuits that were trendy in the 1970s-disco era. And don’t forget the colorful eye shadow and glossy lips to complete the look.