There’s a lot going on in the world right now. There’s also a lot of misunderstandings between generations, especially with the younger generations. To help with this, Gen Z’ers of the “Buzzfeed” Community shared what they wish their parents understood about their generation.
- "Not every problem I have is because of my phone. Any time I get upset or complain about something, my parents say, 'Well, if you weren’t on your phone so often...'”
- "We can’t afford to move out or buy a house. Possibly ever."
- "Depression and anxiety is real. Just because we didn’t 'go through the worst' doesn’t mean we can’t be depressed or overwhelmed. Mental health is important."
- "Our generation isn’t 'weak' or 'overly sensitive' — we are just trying our best to undo generations of damage. We are no longer just going to sit back and stay quiet about extreme issues."
- "We know social media is terrible for our mental health, but we feel like we won’t have friends without it."
- "We have expectations for ourselves too, and when we don't meet them, we beat ourselves up over it. We don't need you to constantly remind us what failures we are."
- "I wish they understood the true weight that we're carrying right now. Look around at our future: a soaring climate crisis, social injustice, corruption in our government, inflation, etc. It’s exhausting. This is our new way of life. But hey, someone’s gotta do the job, right?"