Not all vacations need to be super expensive. It is possible to take a great vacation and not break the bank too much. Well, now some travelers have shared with “Buzzfeed” tips they’ve used to take an amazing vacay at a lower price.
- "Plan to travel during “shoulder seasons” (ie, if summer is high season, go in May or September). Still great weather but much less expensive and crowded.”
- "Join a home-exchange organization, such as HomeExchange.com."
- "The major hotel chains (Wyndham, Choice, Marriott, etc.) all have amazing rewards programs. The points add up really quickly, and the more you stay, the more rewards you get.”
- "I use points through my grocery store chain for hotel gift cards. Once I was able to use points for my entire hotel stay! Definitely kept my partner and me on budget."
- "If you have to book last minute, don't be picky about locations. A lot of companies are desperate to fill rooms/cruises/flights and will offer a discount."
- "I enjoy just walking around to really take in the sites. Finding free things to do is challenging and fun, you never know what you can stumble upon!"
- "Check your employer discounts. We recently got rained out of a camping trip and booked a hotel. The clerk noticed a company logo on my keychain and gave us 30% off the room!"