Not getting a lot of matches on dating apps? Not liking the quality of people you’re getting matched with on apps? Former matchmaker and current dating coach Lily Womble is sharing the biggest dating app mistakes for you to avoid.
- Playing the numbers game doesn’t mean you’ll win. Use one dating app and be sure to be active on that. Spend 20 minutes of your day on the app you choose.
- Feeling overwhelmed can lead to inaction, but don’t be afraid to make the first move. Stop overthinking everything and go ahead and make the first move! “What’s bringing you the most joy lately” is a fun first question to ask.
- Notifications can be addictive, so turn them off. You don’t need to respond to messages immediately. Check the app once or twice a day rather than being addicted to it.
- Trying to be someone you’re not won’t find you a great match. Your profile should reflect you and so should your messages. You want to showcase yourself, this way you’re signaling to the right person that you’re right for them, too.
- Dating apps are a tool, not the answer to your love life. Don’t think of it as the way to “solve your singleness” and instead set rules and treat it as the tool that it is.