How do you know you’ve become a “real” adult? While there are things you may realize along the way, doing these 11 things will really show you that you’ve become an adult.
- Cleaned the toilet. They get dirty, you need to clean them, yourself.
- Washed the baseboards. Did you even know what the word baseboard meant before you were an adult?
- Stocked the medicine cabinet. Aspirin doesn’t just magically appear.
- Replaced the toilet paper. You also need to remember to buy it.
- Bought more printer cartridges. Or realized you need to own a printer.
- Washed the cabinet faces. Did you even know cabinets had to be washed?
- Replaced all cleaning products. You need to remember to buy detergent, soap, Windex, trash bags, etc.
- Sorted the laundry. This could mean sorting by colors before wash or sorting whose laundry is whose post wash.
- Designated a shoe area. It’ll probably be next to your door.
- Cleaned under the couch. Yes, you may even have to move the furniture to clean under it.
- Used Oxyclean. Or any other serious stain remover. That red wine stain won’t get itself out!