You’ve seen it everywhere – inflation is at an all-time high. Things have gotten much more expensive, and a lot of times, our salaries aren’t keeping up with the pace. It’s super stressful! How can we cope with inflation stress? Mental health experts shared some tips with “Huffington Post.”
- Acknowledge you’re stressed, and get specific about what’s triggering it. The first step is understanding where your emotions are coming from.
- When you’re feeling overwhelmed, find an activity that doesn’t take a lot of thought to execute. It can be as easy as re-watching your favorite movie or show, going for a run, or cleaning.
- Create micro-moments of joy. Go watch the sunset, take a walk in the park, or sit by the water and listen to the waves.
- Create a calming environment. Cleaning your house so that the clutter is gone can give you a sense of calm.
- Prioritize social connections. They can even be virtual via Zoom, too.
- Try journaling. Writing down whatever’s in your head can help you get it out.
- Be nice to yourself. Remind yourself that these are stressful time and your emotions are OK.
- Focus on what you can control. If you’re worried about money, set up an automatic transfer to ensure you’re saving.
- Remember that bad things don’t last forever. They really don’t, remind yourself of that constantly!
Source: Huffington Post