There’s a lot of relationship advice out there, and a lot of it tends to just be fluff that really isn’t useful. So what’s the real advice for how to have a healthy relationship? “YourTango” shares practical truths about making your relationship work (and be healthy!).
- Make sure the relationship conforms to your lifestyle rather than the other way around.
- Keep your own hobbies, interests, and goals.
- You need physical attraction, but once you’ve got that, choose someone based on emotional compatibility.
- If you’re not happy, deal with yourself first.
- Don’t treat the other person like a fix-it project.
- Your relationship can and should only supply about 25 percent of your happiness.
- Acting out your jealousy is damaging for everyone involved.
- Marriage and commitment are not a destination, they are a road.
- The white picket fence dream gets old fast if you don’t have a solid mission and purpose in your life.
- Acceptance and appreciation are love glue.
- The grass is never greener on the other side.
For even more, click HERE!