These days most people can’t survive without their phone for five minutes, and many of us rely on apps to get us through our day. In fact, apps are so important to people, that there are some folks simply can’t live without. A new survey finds:
- 27% of Americans say they have over 30 apps on their phone.
- But just because they have them, doesn’t mean they use them.
- Over half of folks say they pretty much use 10 or less of the apps on their phones.
- Not surprising, social media, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok, are among the most popular apps on Americans’ phones.
- 45% of users say they couldn’t live without their social media apps, with the number higher for folks in Gen Z.
- And people have become so dependent on apps, 47% admit they spend more time on apps than the Internet.
- Over half use apps for business purposes.
- But regardless of how important they are, don’t expect people to shell out money for them.
- 39% of people say they would not pay money for an app.
Source: Business Insider