While there are plenty of people in this country who exercise regularly, there are also plenty of people who are totally out of shape, and now a new survey reveals just how bad things are.
The poll finds:
- Many Americans admit that over the past few years they haven’t been taking care of their bodies the way the should.
- People are so out of shape, that 51% of Americans say they can’t even touch their toes without straining.
- But it’s pretty apparent folks aren’t happy about that.
- 73% of people say they want to increase their physical activity.
- 70% insist they are making an effort to move around more now than when the pandemic began.
- Some of the ways people are making that effort include:
- Stretching at home (43%)
- At home workouts (38%)
- Taking mental health walks (31%)
- But when it comes to walking, a lot of Americans aren’t getting enough steps in.
- The average person only gets about 3,800 steps in per day, well below the recommended 10,000 steps per day.
- As for the main reasons folks are hoping to increase their exercise, 81% say it actually puts them in a better mood.
- Other reasons include:
- Improve their physical health (67%)
- Improve their mental health (51%)
- To be a good influence on their children (42%)
Source: Study Finds