Dating is hard. But there are actually some ways we can be making it harder than it should be. Why are we doing this to ourselves? It’s already hard! It’s time to stop. Here are seven ways you make dating harder than it should be, so you can stop doing them.
- You’re not honest about dating. Make what you’re looking for known – whether it’s a serious relationship, just a hook up, or whatever.
- You’re worried about “the rules.” Stop trying to follow unwritten rules and be genuine and authentic.
- You’re jaded. Remember that almost everyone has been heartbroken, hurt, or screwed over. Don’t carry your past with you into something new.
- You’re closer to your phone than other people. Social media has pulled us apart from each other.. and given reason to not leave our homes.
- You’ve stopped believing in love. Having this mindset can prevent you from putting in any effort.
- You’re too selfish to commit. To have a successful relationship, you need to put someone else’s needs ahead of your own.
- You have no idea how to date in the first place. More effort should be put into courtship, communication, and just bonding in general.
Source: Your Tango