How do you start a convo with someone knew, especially someone who has caught your eye (whether online or IRL)? It’s so easy to overthink and talk yourself out of it. To help you not overthink, and to help you get that flirty convo going, here are some simple conversation starters for you to use.
- Compliment them. If you like something they’re wearing compliment them or that. Or if you’re an event together and they said something, compliment them on what they said.
- Make eye contact and say hi. It really can be as easy as that. This doesn’t happen as often as it used to, so lots of people are genuinely surprised by it and happy to answer back.
- Tell them something you know and ask their opinion of it. Like if you’re at a bar or restaurant, something on the menu.
- Ask them a question about what’s going on. If you’re at a party together, ask which route they took there. Or if you’re at a sporting event, ask how often they got.
- Be modest. Keep a smile going while you are speaking to someone know. Or take your flirting to the next level by asking something like “"I've been thinking about the Nobel Prize lately. What do you think you should win the prize for? And why?"
Source: Your Tango