Ever feel that knot in your stomach while working? A lot of times, it can be traced back to anxiety. “Huffington Post” spoke with different therapists about work personality traits that are actually rooted in anxiety.
- Perfectionism. This is actually the trait that most people associate with anxiety. In fact, perfectionism is all about control… and making everyone you work with try to rise your impossible standards will just make everyone miserable.
- People pleasing. Sure you want to be nice to people but there’s a tipping point where doing too much can cause more harm than good. You shouldn’t be saying yes to everything, especially if you don’t have the time or energy.
- Procrastination. Pushing things off, avoiding deadlines or conversations will just cause you more anxiety. If something seems too big or too overwhelming, try breaking it down into smaller tasks.
- Micromanagement. A strong need to control the tiny details of everything? It’s quite similar to perfectionism. It can stem from childhood, like having a lot of responsibility but zero power.
- Busyness. Do you always need to plan happy hours or know all of your colleagues social lives? This can stem from anxious fear of not being liked or accepted.
Source: Huffington Post