Unfortunately, yes, we are capable of destroying relationships ourselves. It’s not always a huge fight that causes things to end. Lots of times, it’s a lot of small things that just add up. Here are five things that everyone is guilty of that can slowly destroy relationships.
- Neglect one another. Everything in life, relationships included, need attention and nurturing to continue to grow and flourish.
- Hold grudges. People make mistakes. Forgiveness is important, and so is not continuously bringing up the past.
- Always needing to be right. It really isn’t a competition. You need to be able to admit when you did something wrong.
- Not making quality time for each other. The stress is on the quality not quantity. Do meaningful things that you both enjoy, together. It’s moot if you spend tons of time together but you’re each on your phones the entire time.
- Trying to change your partner. You fell for them because of the way they are. Why are you trying to change them? They should only change because they want to change, not because you’re forcing them.
Source: Your Tango