Getting rejected via text happens. How you respond to it can make all the difference both to diffuse any awkwardness and help you begin to bounce back. There are a couple of different ways you can attack it – sincere and directly or more lighthearted. The choice is yours, but here are some examples of each.
Sincere & Direct Text Responses
- “I understand and thanks for being honest. Good luck out there.”
- “It’s been fun and I’m sorry things didn’t work out. But that's just how it goes sometimes and I totally get it.”
- “Appreciate you sending this! It’s definitely a bit disappointing to hear, but no hard feelings at all.”
- “I can’t lie, that’s a bummer, but I get it. Thoughts on being friends?”
- “Hey, thanks for just telling me how you feel, that’s way classier than just ghosting. Best of luck out here.”
Lighthearted Text Responses
- “Cool, friends it is!”
- “Sorry, who is this? Just kidding, thanks for telling me the truth.”
- “Uh oh, time to queue up the Taylor Swift songs...kidding! For real though, thanks for telling me and I totally get it.”
- “No biggie! Thanks for letting me know. Best of luck out there my friend!”
- “Hmm, now what am I gonna do with this engagement ring? LOL. But seriously, I appreciate you being honest.”
For even more, click HERE!
Source: Elite Daily