You always hear about that spark or fireworks happening at the start of a relationship and rarely in a long-term relationship. Why is that? Do the fireworks really have to ever stop? Psychotherapist Mary Jo Rapini shared five tips to create fireworks in your relationship with “Fox 26 Houston.”
- Plan a unique date. Finding new things to do and enjoy together will add excitement and fun to your relationship. Try a salsa class, have a picnic by the lake, rent a kayak, anything you haven’t done before!
- Make couple time and don’t rush it. You need to schedule time together and that includes intimately too. If you’re not usually the one who initiates, do it the next time!
- Be flirty through text. Set the mood for nighttime fun or date night through daytime flirty messages and sexy texts.
- Serve happy hour in the bedroom. Prepare your SO’s favorite drink and bring in some munchies, especially ones that serve as aphrodisiacs like nuts, strawberries, and chocolate. Choose sexy music too and turn down the lights.
- Remember you’re brighter together. It’s important to always remember that the environment never means as much as enjoying each other does.
Source: Fox 26 Houston