When you’re young you feel unstoppable, and there are a lot of things you are willing to do that seem “cool,” but as you get older you wonder how you ever survived it. Well, now people are sharing what those things are.
Someone on Reddit posed the question “What's not "cool" anymore when you turn 30?,” and there were plenty of thirtysomethings who had something to say.
- “Getting blackout drunk . turns out I'm not fun, I'm just an alcoholic.”
- “I value my sleep a lot more at 30 than I did at 29. It scares me. I’m not in my twenties anymore but life is good.”
- “Hangover when you're 20: "I'll be fine, just give me some coffee and sandwich and I'm good as new. Hangover when you're 30: "for f**k's sake now my day is ruined.”
- “I loved pulling all nighters as a teen and young adult. Now they just give me migraines and make the entire subsequent day hell.”
- “Teenager/early 20’s: yo we can save money by booking the 7am return flight and not paying for accommodation - lets just stay at the club until 5am or sleep on the airport floor! 30yo: I’d rather die.”
- “Years ago we drove 6 hours to go to a concert, got pretty drunk and high there. All 5 of us slept in a small car for a couple of hours then drove home. That's a 3 day trip for me now.”
- “Bailing on plans last minute. If you don’t want to do something, just say so.”
- “Bragging about your high school accomplishments.”
- “Sleeping 8 to a hotel room to save money.”
- “Spending all your money at the bar on payday.”
- “Anything that is called an "afterparty." I am barely going to make it to the party, son.”
- “Caring what others think of me. You don’t like me? That’s fine. I live my life for me.”