A lot of people will be heading out for a quick vacay for the July 4th weekend. While we all love a good week-long trip, more and more people seem to be relishing in small getaways this year.
A new survey by Allianz Partners finds:
- A micro-cation is defined as a leisure trip at least 100 miles away from home that lasts four nights or fewer.
- 53% of those polled say their next getaway will be a micro-cation.
- 23% of Americans are planning more than one micro-cations this year.
- Between now and September, 71% of Americans will spend at least one night away from home
- 39% are planning on taking multiple summer trips.
- The average number of micro-cations people will take is 1.4.
- Four nights away is the average trip length.
And just because it’s a short trip, doesn’t mean travelers don’t plan to spend their money.
- The average one-night micro-cationer will spend $606 on their trip.
- A two-night trip will set the average traveler back $410 per night.
- A three-night trip will cost $325 a night, while four nights will cost, on average, $323 a night.
Source: Travel Pulse