Summer is here and a lot of people have a lot of things planned and for some, it seems like it will be busier than ever.
A new poll commissioned by Mattress Firm and conducted by OnePoll finds:
- Two in three young adults are expecting to have the busiest summer this year.
- Overall, 67% of Gen Z and 65% of Millennials admit they have overbooked themselves this summer.
- 68% of all respondents say they’ve RSVP’d yes to every special event they got an invite to.
- The average person has three weddings, three birthday parties and three family vacations on their calendar for this summer.
- And all these plans are going to eat up people’s vacation time.
- 52% of people say they will use their vacation time to travel for others.
- Only 23% are using their PTO to travel for themselves.
- 62% of people expect to feel exhausted from all these events.
- But when it comes to sleeping away from home, 73% say they actually get a better sleep while traveling.
- 75% actually say they wake up feeling more refreshed when they are sleeping away from home.
- Among the best parts of sleeping away from home…
- The smell of clean sheets (43%)
- The mattress (41%)
- Being able to sleep in (39%)
Source: SWNS Digital