Sure, big gestures are nice and definitely appreciated. But there are tiny things that can make all the difference too, especially for long-term relationships (whether you’re in one or want to establish one). Here are five small, but super effective ways to help you build and maintain a great relationship.
- Make eye contact when your partner talks to you. Don’t keep staring the TV when your partner says goodnight. Or don’t run to the door in the AM with a quick goodbye. Eye contact, even in those situations, makes a difference!
- Hug them often and with your heart. Seriously, hug your partner every single day and mean it. It not only gives physical contact, but it helps relieve stress, too.
- Pay attention and make mental notes. Both men and women should pay attention to their partners. Make note of things they like and dislike, what they enjoy, what makes them happy, etc.
- Do the little things they love, often. Thank them when they help you with something. Go on walks together. Send random texts during the day. Whatever if is they like, try and make it happen.
- Make the time. Your relationship should never fall to the bottom of your priorities. Go to bed at the same time, together, even if one of you stays up reading and one of you goes to sleep. Plan a weekly date night. Cook together. Find ways to spend time together.
Source: Your Tango