Summer’s here, which means plenty of folks will be spending the coming weeks out in the sun at the beach, a pool or barbecues. But there are plenty of people who don’t exactly love the hot weather and would rather spend their days avoiding the outdoors at all costs.
A new survey conducted by OnePoll in partnership with Dave & Buster’s finds:
- Many Americans don’t actually like being outdoors in the summer.
- In fact, 53% of people say summer is best spent indoors.
- While the average person said five hours a day outside in summer is enough, another 38% would prefer to spend even less time outdoors.
- Half of Americans can’t wait for summer simply so they can turn on their air conditioners.
- Not surprising, feeling sweaty is considered one of the worst aspects of summer, followed by
- Bugs (32%)
- Sunburns (31%)
- Muggy air (31%)
- Dehydration (30%)
- For these reasons, 53% of Americans are looking for ways to have fun indoors this summer.
- 55% of people who prefer to be indoors say planning an outdoor activity is a bigger hassle than planning an indoor one.
- 59% are looking for fun indoor activities that allow them to catch up with family and friends.
- 57% wish there were more options to do so.
- As a way to escape the heat, the average person will go to four public places during the summer.
- Two-thirds of people say stepping into air conditioning is one of the best summer feelings out there.
- The average person feels that 64-degrees Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature to keep the A/C during the summer.
Source: SWNS Digital