We all want to be in mature relationships. But sometimes, your partner (or you!) may act immature. This can put a strain on your relationship. Here are 7 all too familiar signs one of you in your relationship is acting immature, and some examples of that.
- Having arguments like “What do you mean I didn’t finish the laundry? You’re the one that always leave clothes in the washer until they stink.”
- Needing to have the last word. Yes, one of those “did-not/did-too” situations reminiscent of childhood.
- Needing to have the final say. Things always need to go your way when it comes to everything – finances, chores, etc.
- Trying to change your partner. Especially using comments like “When are you going to learn?”
- Constant criticism. Phrases like “You should have known better” or “how many times do I have to tell you XXX.”
- Avoiding responsibility. If you always need to be asked or told what needs to be done.
- Knee-jerk reactions. Even to external triggers.
Source: Your Tango