Dating is hard, and sometimes, you can get hurt from it. But there are ways you can protect yourself. Here are seven simple steps you can take to avoid getting hurt by a romantic partner, courtesy of “Your Tango.”
- Don’t take it personally, any of it. Everyone is trying to do their best in this world (usually) so don’t take it personally if they end it with you.
- Don’t get physical too soon. It muddles the brain. Plus, you want a real connection, so don’t give it up too soon.
- Don’t lose yourself, stay centered, and breathe deeply. You don’t want to turn into someone you’re not because you’re chasing someone.
- Don’t try to guess an answer to “What did she/he mean she/he said that?” Stop with the mind games.
- Enjoy the date, then go about your life as normal. It takes a while to get to know who someone is, more than one date for sure.
- If she/he calls, fine. If not, go about your life. Do not put your life on hold for someone who may or may not call!
- Don’t get emotionally attached until she/he does. Make sure the other person feels the same way before getting mutually exclusive.
Source: Your Tango