Relationships are hard. Of course, there are the big, toxic ways that a relationship can go wrong like gaslighting or passive-aggressive behavior. But, there are also more subtle, underrated ways that can cause a relationship to go wrong, too. Here are five ways:
- Not having a well-developed idea of what you want in a relationship. Make sure you know what you want and have clear relationship expectations
- Being transactional. Keeping tabs on your partner’s mistakes or keeping tabs on who has contributed what can sabotage things.
- Trying to be a mind reader. It can cause you to jump to conclusions that aren’t true. Communication is key.
- Shutting your partner out. You need to have a willingness to address and resolve problems in your relationship, especially those that can impact the long-term health of it.
- Letting them down constantly. Constantly letting them down can result in anger and resentment.
Source: The Good Men Project