With the return of summer, many singles often put aside their search for true love to enjoy some fun summer flings, but a new survey suggests such flings don’t look so appealing to many.
A new Dating.com survey finds:
- 52% of singles would prefer to find a serious relationship this summer as opposed to just casual hookups.
- While most admit summer flings, including one-night stands and friends with benefits, are enjoyable, the majority say they want deeper personal intimacy.
- Finding a potential partner is so important to some, that 62% say they would commit time on their summer vacations to go out on dates to find one.
- And many aren’t limiting themselves to their home base, with 20% saying they are planning to travel this summer to meet a potential mate for the first time after connecting online.
But for many, past summers have included the seasonal hookup.
- 25% say they’ve dated a lifeguard.
- 32% have hooked up with a summer house roommate.
- 30% have hooked up with a bartender.
- 15% have spent the summer hooking up with an old flame.
And for plenty of singles, summer won’t only be about romance.
- 81% of singles say they plan to spend plenty of time this summer enjoying girls’ and guys’ nights out before the season is over.
Source: Business Insider