We all have unconscious habits that we don’t even realize we’re doing, and we especially don’t realize they can be holding us back! Here are eight of them that actually stop you from living your best life.
- You believe that creating your best possible life is a matter of deciding what you want and then going after it, but in reality, you are psychologically incapable of being able to predict what will make you happy.
- You don’t take advantage of and enjoy the present moment because you believe that success is somewhere you “arrive” so you are constantly trying to take a snapshot of your life and see if you can be happy yet.
- You assume that when it comes to following your “gut instincts,” happiness is “good,” and fear and pain are “bad.”
- You needlessly create problems and crises in your life because you’re afraid of actually living it.
- You think that to change your beliefs you have to adopt a new line of thinking, rather than seek experiences that make that thinking self-evident.
- You think “problems” are roadblocks to achieving what you want when in reality, they are pathways.
- You think your past defines you, and worse, you think that it is an unchangeable reality when really, your perception of it changes as you do.
- You try to change other people, situations, and things (or you just complain/get upset about them) when anger = self-recognition. Most negative emotional reactions are you identifying a disassociated aspect of yourself.
Source: Your Tango