As soon as you get engaged, it can feel like the entire world is telling you what you need to do and not do at your wedding. A wedding planner is here to help, talking with “Insider” about wedding advice you can ignore.
- You shouldn’t immediately book a venue. Rushing into venue tours is actually a common way couples blow their wedding budget.
- Your wedding won’t be ruined if you don’t hire a wedding planner. It may be more stressful if you don’t have help, but it won’t be ruined.
- There’s nothing impolite about asking for money. The “traditional” registry of household goods is out of date for most couples.
- You’re not setting yourselves up for failure if you have your parents pay for things. Weddings are expensive. You’re fortunate if you have family who can help contribute.
- It’s not rude to exclude children. Put it on your invitation or RSVP.
- Weekday weddings can be worth it. You can save thousands on a weekday wedding and have a lot better vendor options.
- You don’t have to invite everyone to the post-rehearsal dinner. Remember… you’re hosting a wedding for everyone.
- Assigned seating is perfectly acceptable. Whether it’s a table assignment or actual seat assignment, telling your guests where to sit can actually make things easier for them.
For even more, click HERE!