Long-distance relationships are hard! But if it’s the right person, you make it work. To help make that happen, here are seven things you should never do in a LDR.
- You should never hang up in the middle of a fight. It can you’re your partner sad, anxious, or depressed. Virtual communication is all you have.
- You should never use the silent treatment. Clear communication is even more critical in LDRs, and this passive-aggressiveness can be detrimental.
- You should avoid excessive communication. You both still have individual lives outside of this relationship.
- You should never compare your relationship with others. Especially with relationships that aren’t long-distance.
- You should avoid lying about anything. You don’t want to break their trust, which is super important when it comes to dating distance.
- You should not listen to other people’s opinions. You and your partner are the ones in the relationship, no one else.
- You should not miss the opportunity of meeting your partner. Maximize the opportunities you have of physically being together.
Source: Web News Observer