Being cheated on hurts so badly. There are so many different emotions at play. It can feel like there’s no getting through it. But there is. And here are five people sharing how they survived it.
- Naissa, 33, shares that she explored ethnical nonmonogamy. After being cheated on, she broke up with her partner immediately and began researching ethical nonmonogamy, which is the idea that you don’t have to just have sex with your partner but you do need to be honest with them and set boundaries.
- Shawn, 27, went to therapy after his ex cheated on him and they broke up. He admits that he doesn’t think he would’ve sought therapy if it wasn’t for the cheating, but that it was so helpful.
- Amy, 33, made a policy to share passwords to her accounts with her GF and vice versa. It’s reassuring to have that open access and nothing’s hidden.
- Mark, 34, went to a swingers resort in Mexico. He admits that it didn’t heal his heart but it was the ego boast he needed to remember that he is attractive and wanted.
- Stef, 29, was cheated on when she had a 2-year-old with her BF, so they didn’t break up. But they did go to therapy together, which took a while, but helped them communicate and reconcile.