If you’ve worked in the food service industry, you know it’s not as easy as some people think it is. Food service workers are speaking out and getting brutally honest about the reality of the industry, and setting the record straight when it comes to some popular myths people may think. Here’s what some food service workers had to say.
- "We don't always get to eat for free. Some places make you pay full price for a meal and some managers act like the 25 cents worth of salad that they charge six bucks for is coming out of their pocket."
- "I do not control the prices. I just work the register. Also, just because I rely on the computer to do the math for me does not mean I am stupid. Do not talk to me like I am."
- "If you are rude to one of the servers, we will give you the smallest piece of everything (tomato, a bit of lettuce, one single ring of onion, etc.)."
- "I work on a prep table and people think that every time we make them a burger, it’s fresh. Those burgers will sit there from the time we open to the time you order. I promise you your food is rarely ever fresh."
- "I worked at Taco Bell and Pizza Hut as a teenager. I never saw anyone spit in the food or otherwise mess with a customer’s order, even if they were rude. We washed our hands frequently and disinfected everything regularly. We just didn’t want to get in trouble with our boss or the health inspector. I’m sure there are bad employees and restaurants out there, but I think they’re the exception, not the rule."
For even more, click HERE!