With summer right around the corner, it’s time to swap the sweaters for shorts, sundresses and tank tops. But beyond your summer staples, what should you add to your warm weather wardrobe this year? Fashion experts and stylists name summer’s hottest trends.
- Say yes to daytime sparkles - Fashion stylist Shea Daspin says summer 2022 is all about embellishments. She’s a big fan of daytime sparkles and she recommends anything with rhinestones, sequins, and/or hologram.
- Bring on the beading - Adding to those embellishments, she also recommends anything with beading.
- Put on some platform heels - Trends from the Y2K era have been making a comeback over the last few years and celebrity stylist Cindy Conroy says platform heels will be hot for summer 2022.
- Accessorize with silk scarves - Wear them in a way that suits you best, suggests celeb stylist Lindsey Dupuis, whether that’s around your neck, ponytail or purse or woven through your braid or belt loops.
- Go bright - Move over Earth tones, bright colors, like hot pink, cobalt blue and yellow are taking over this summer, according to personal stylist Victoria Havlik.
- Show some skin - Stylist Liz Teich is most excited about skin-baring crop tops and says they can work on any body type and age if done right.
- Try on the Coastal Grandmother trend - This comfy-cute look is perfect for summer and stylist Grace Thomas says it looks great on everyone. “Think Diane Keaton in ‘Something’s Gotta Give,’” she says, adding that a perfect outfit in this style would be ivory linen trousers, a white tank or t-shirt and an oversized white button-up.
- Wear all-white everything - Professional stylist Erica Ball loves head-to-toe white for summer, calling it a “chic, effortless way to immediately elevate a look.”