They say you become your parents, but what about your grandparents? Recently, millennials have been adopting some trends that used to be much more for the older generations, like these 5 geriatrics trends.
- Knitting. No longer is it just for bridge clubs or power walking. Millennials have found its therapeutic benefits. Even Ryan Gosling and British Olympic diver Tom Daley have admitted to liking knitting.
- Costal Grandma Chic. We’re not saying that millennials are ditching skinny jeans, but they are adopting more loose-fitting button downs, light cardigans, chinos and fisherman sandals.
- Birdwatching. There was actually a spike in searches for “birdwatching binoculars” in May 2021 and “Conde Naste Traveller” published a “How To Birdwatch From Home” article back in April 2020.
- Pickleball. It’s one of the few sports that an 80-year-old and a 30-year-old can enjoy doing together. Pickleball became super popular during the pandemic too since it was a sport you play together but are still kind of separated.
- Group tours. Millennials are seeing the benefits of travel they don’t need to plan themselves and packaged group tours.
Source: Pure Wow