Saying “I love you” to someone is a big deal, and most people hope that when they get up the nerve to say it, the person they say it to will reciprocate. But that doesn’t always happen, and sometimes that expression of love is met with some interesting, and heartbreaking responses.
Well, now folks are sharing some of those responses, after someone on Reddit posed the question “What is the worst response to ‘I love you’?” Responses include:
- “One time I just laughed because I thought they were joking but I wish I said it back.”
- "’it’s OK,’ ‘I used to love you too,' 'Good to know.’”
- "It's OK...you'll get over it eventually. Everyone does."
- “Sucks to be you.”
- "I love cake."
- “I love you too, you’re my best friend.”
- “What's your name again?"
- “Someone changing the topic immediately.”
- “I love you more (hey it's not a contest).”
- “And you are...who again?”
- “The first guy I ever said I love you to sent laughing emoji.”
- “It will pass.”
- “I once said, "That's very flattering." I'm still ashamed and if I could remember who I said it to, I'd apologize.”
- “Can’t say the same”
- “I love you, but I’m not in love with you.”