Are you moving out of your parents house for the first time? Or are you finally able to purchase that house and stop renting? First off, congratulations! Secondly, it’s super intimidating, that’s normal. But here are some useful tips to help you prepare physically.. and mentally, too.
- "If you're renting a furnished place you should definitely buy your own mattress rather than using whatever manky aged mattress is already provided. Trust me."
- "One of the hardest things to do is deciding what to have for dinner every night and then actually cooking it yourself."
- "Be prepared for the feeling that every time you get a raise or have extra money, the house knows it and creates an expensive problem to fix."
- "Listen, if you don’t do something, it won’t get done. It's as simple as that. Don't let your recycling bin become a game of Jenga."
- "You need to know where your water shut off is! About 6 months after I bought my home, my water heater broke and flooded my home. It took me way too long to find the water shut off and the flooding completely ruined my carpets."
- "Please know that once your offer on a property has been accepted, do not make any other major purchases until it's finalized! Your lending company is watching your bank account like a hawk!"
For even more tips, click HERE!