Marriage is hard! That’s probably why Redditor u/thecountnotthesaint took to the forum to ask the question, “What random marriage advice sounded absurd but was actually spot on helpful?” Their responses may sound absurd, but they make total sense in the long-run.
- "Marry your best friend — the person you like to have random conversations with, who interests you, who makes you laugh a lot. Marry the one you can spend all your time with, the one who will support you in tough times and good times. That is 'the one'."
- "When an argument is brewing, stop and eat something. You may just be hangry."
- "My grandfather told me, 'Never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink.' What I learned is that he would always help my grandma (both with the dishes and other chores), and during these mundane tasks was when they did most of their talking."
- "Don’t criticize one another's driving. It'll lead you down a dark path.”
- "Have separate duvets or blankets on the same bed. I can wrap myself up nice and snug, and she can move around all night without bothering me."
- "It is ok to go to bed angry. Everyone says not to go to bed angry, but sometimes, a night of sleep is exactly what you need. Sleeping on an argument can change your perspective and help with resolution."
- "Remember: You don't just marry [them]...you marry [their] whole damn family."
For even more answers, click HERE!