We’ve all applied for jobs that we didn’t get. But did you know the reason that you weren’t hired? Was it legit… or just straight up dumb? Reddit user u/rustinspencercohle was curious and asked people “what’s the dumbest reason you weren’t hired for a job?” and the answers will make you laugh, cry, and maybe even cringe.
- "About a year ago, there was an opening for a general manager position with a car dealership that I had some interest in. When interviewing, probably 20-25 minutes in, the owner of this dealership asked me if I have ever done cocaine before, which is very specific, you know?"
- "I asked about the salary. They said they don’t want people who only work for money and instead want people who are passionate about sales."
- "I have a pumpkin tattoo (Tim Burton style) and apparently that means I'm either 'one of those Wiccans or a Satanist'."
- "The pen they gave me for a group test didn’t work, and they didn’t have any others for me to use. Lesson learned — always bring a pen and a pencil!"
- "Someone on the team who interviewed me, not someone I would work with or see on a daily basis, dated my sister in high school. He flat out said in the interview, 'It took me a while to get over her.' They were 15 at the time and it was 17 years later."
For even more reasons, click HERE!