Dating anxiety is real!! It happens when someone a ton of fears, more than just normal nerves, before, during and after a date. Dating anxiety is more intense and lasts much longer than just nerves. A lot of times it happens before a first date, but it can happen at any stage. Thankfully, there are some tips to help manage dating anxiety.
- Establish values and needs. Make sure you know what your dating goals, values and needs are. This will give you a clear understanding of what you want to get out of your dating experience and will help you set boundaries.
- Use clear, effective communication. Tell the person what your standards and expectations are from the get-go. Even include relationship dealbreakers.
- Feel comfortable. Have a date in an environment that makes you feel comfortable, even if that means it’s a double date. If planning the date from the get-go makes you most comfortable, do it!
- Embrace mindfulness. This can help you regulate your emotions and focus on the present moment.
- Practice self-love. Remember to be patient and kind to yourself!
- Choose not to date. You don’t have to date! Take a break from dating or don’t date at all. Focus on yourself.
Source: Medical News Today