Anyone who tells you being a mom is not a full-time job has never had the experience themselves. Moms take on lots of different roles every day, and a new report reveals that if they were paid accordingly, they’d make a pretty big salary.
- Insure.com has just come out with their 12th annual Mother's Day Index.
- It has determined that if moms got paid for all their typical responsibilities in the household, their salary would be more than $126,725.
- That’s a 9.2% increase from last year, and the first time it has reached passed six figures.
- The job of mom has 18 typical core jobs according to the report, with 15 of them getting wage increases this year.
- The biggest increases came as accountants and auditors (36%) and designers (28%).
- Other areas with significant increases include:
- Bakers (6%)
- Cooks (7%)
- Maids and housekeeping cleaners (14%)
- Teachers (19%)
- The ones with the largest declines include mental health counselor (-12%) and community and social service specialists (-7%).