One Redditor posed a legitimate question about breakups: "I've heard that women usually get hit with it instantly and go through the worst part in the beginning and eventually get over it slowly and gradually," she said, "whereas men feel numb at first and don't get to the worst part until later on. Is there any merit to that?" A lot of men gave their honest responses and revealed how they really feel after a breakup.
- "It hits me the hardest when I finally take a look at my other dating options/revive the online dating profiles and remember how bleak it is out there."
- "It's like losing a job in your career path."
- "When you see your girl with someone else. Especially since almost all girls I've dated/known had a new guy within a week at most. Like damn."
- "It hit me hard at first, and then it just hits me randomly now even a couple years later."
- "I think the grieving process is the same but girls tend to have a better support system. Guys tend to just bottle it up and act like it's ok which takes longer to get over. Girls also have more options in terms of dating so that helps. I know this is all generalizations but it's just my opinion."