Anyone who has ever been a parent will tell you that parenting is hard, and apparently a lot of new moms and dads are having a hard time living up to all that comes with having a baby. A new survey finds:
- 82% of parents say they feel a huge amount of pressure to live up to what society expects of them as parents.
- And social media isn’t helping, with 67% of new parents saying parenting forums, experts and more are making them feel like they aren’t doing a good job.
- Another 32% say it’s actually making them feel like they are failing as a parent.
- Parents are feeling such outside pressure that they have resorted to lying.
- In fact, 38% say they’ve lied to others about their child’s development.
- Another source of pressure is coming from parent friends, with 39% saying they have a friend who makes them feel bad about their child’s achievements.
- That’s especially true when these mommy friends brag about their kids’ achievements.
- Among the most annoying baby brags:
- Baby sleeps through the night (55%)
- Baby is already talking (44%)
- Baby never cries (43%)
- Doctors say my baby is advanced (41%)
- Baby is so pretty it could be a model (36%)
Source: metro UK