Interior designers shared with “Insider” the bedroom trends that are growing and declining in popularity here in 2022. Here are the bedroom trends that are currently in.
- Cottagecore – Blending cozy and chic, the cottagecore aesthetic will be taking over bedrooms all 2022.
- Minimal, casual bedding – Fewer frills and bold patterns and more solid-colored duvets.
- Biophilic elements – This trend is here to stay. People are continuing to want to feel connected to nature with plants inside their bedrooms.
- Alternative seating – With people now working from home, they’re in search of relaxing spaces to decompress with a lot of them turning towards the bedroom. They need a place to sit though other than the bed.
…and here are the trends that are on their way out.
- White-painted furniture - Natural finishes like wood and rattan make a place feel cozier.
- Matching, symmetrical decor - A perfectly symmetrical bedroom isn’t as appealing as a room that embodies one's personality.
- Multiple-accent-pillows - Fewer pillows are the way to go now. "Simplicity is key," as the lead designer at Rumor Designs Lindsey Jamison says.
- TVs - That’s right! People are more into making their bedrooms their “sanctuaries” these days meaning their TVs stay out in the living room.