We all have certain words that we’ve either read or heard somewhere that will follow us forever. Maybe it’s a quote that moved you in a book or a piece of advice you received from your grandmother. People shared with “Pure Wow” that the best advice they’ve ever received from their therapists. After all, this is professional advice that someone paid for so take notes.
- “Sometimes you don’t need to worry or act. You just need to observe and gather more facts.”—Sukhie
- “Change doesn’t need to be huge. You can make small shifts in your mind that make a big difference.”—Didi
- “Teach people how you want to be treated. It puts you in the driver’s seat vs. merely reacting.”—Tova
- “When you’re feeling depressed, don’t aim for total happiness. Think about what will make you feel just 10 percent better.”—Molly
- “There’s a logical mind and an emotional mind. Use the middle. The wise mind.” —Fatima
- “You won’t feel like this forever.” —Annabelle
- “You’ve been telling yourself this narrative about your life for years. It’s not going to change overnight. It’s going to take work and time to undo and reset.” —A.C.
- “Feelings are not facts.”—Lori
- “Don’t judge your insides against someone else’s outsides.” —Jaime
- “To mother myself.” —Kathy
Source: Pure Wow