Summer will be here before you know it and people should probably get used to seeing a lot of colleagues out of the office, because a new report suggests a lot of folks will be taking off on summer vacations.
A new report by The Vacationer finds:
- 80.84% of Americans plan to travel this summer, translating to about 208 million Americans.
- 44.8% plan to travel more than once this summer.
- 36.04% plan to go on one trip.
- Over 20% plan to travel internationally, although 40% say they are reconsidering international travel due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- 80% of Americans will pack up the car for at least one road trip this summer, which is about 206 million Americans.
- 18.7% will travel within 100 miles from their home.
- 21.35% will travel within 250 miles.
- 21.53% will travel within 500 miles.
- 11.59% will travel within 1,000 miles.
- Over 50% of travelers will get on planes this summer.
- 28.1% will fly one time.
- 22.72% plan to fly more than one time.
And plenty of folks are planning some “revenge travel” this summer, as they are still looking to make up for travel they missed out on due to the pandemic.
- 42.06% plan to travel more this summer than last.
- 46.8% will travel about the same as last summer.
Source: The Vacationer